RS422/RS485 Isolation Mini Board
Our RS422/RS485 Isolation Mini Board is ideal for driving RS-485 and RS-422 Network Buses from a standard
TTL or RS-232 interface. The board is based on the Analog Devices ADM2578E Signal and Power
Isolated RS-485 Transceiver and provides a full ±15 kV ESD Protection on the Input/Output pins.
The board is easy to use and connects easily with most microcontrollers and control systems, with
operation at both 3.3V and 5V.
The Analog Devices ADM2587E is suitable for high-speed transmission rates up to 500 kbps, with integral short circuit protection and thermal shutdown for bus faults. The IC also includes an isoPower® Isolated DC-to-DC Converter for bus power. Up to 256 Nodes can be connected onto the bus and half or full duplex operation is possible. Bus operation is fully configurable with a series of selectors included on the board. The board also includes a power LED together with standard header pins for input connections.
Our RS422/RS485 Isolation Mini Board is perfect for connecting your microcontroller or control system to a RS422 or RS485 Bus, where a high level of protection and reliability is required. The board offers a number of high-performance features that are not available on standard RS-485 network boards.
Part Code: MINIRS422ISO
- Based on the Analog Devices ADM2587E RS-485/RS-422 Transceiver
- ±15 kV ESD Protection on RS-485 Input/Output Pins
- Operation at 3.3V or 5V
- Suitable for Half or Full Duplex Operation
- Full Isolation Between RS-485/RS-422 Bus and TTL Signal Inputs
- Open and Short-Circuit Protection together with Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Only a Single Power Source is Needed
- Suitable for Baud Rates of up to 500kbps
- Standard Male and Female Headers for Input Connections
- Board Dimensions: 45 x 55 mm