TI Releases The Industry’s Smallest Operational Amplifier
The new TLV9061 is only 0.64mm² and is designed for use in wide-bandwidth systems
Texas Instruments has released the industry⁏s smallest operational amplifier (op amp) and low-power comparators at 0.64 mm².
As the first amplifiers in the compact X2SON package, the TLV9061 op amp and TLV7011 family of comparators enable engineers to
reduce their system size and cost, while maintaining high performance in a variety of Internet of Things (IoT),
personal electronics and industrial applications, including mobile phones, wearables, optical modules, motor drives,
smart grid and battery-powered systems.
With a high gain bandwidth (GBW) of 10 MHz, fast slew rate at 6.5 V/µs and low-noise spectral density of 10 nV/√Hz, the TLV9061 op amp is designed for use in wide-bandwidth, high-performance systems. The TLV7011 family of nanopower comparators delivers a faster response time with propagation delays down to 260 ns, while consuming 50 percent less power than competitive comparators. Additionally, both devices support rail-to-rail inputs with low-voltage operation down to 1.8 V, enabling ease-of-use in battery-powered applications.
Features of the TLV9061 Op-Amp include:
- Reduces system size and cost: In addition to its tiny size, the TLV9061 op amp also features integrated EMI filtering inputs. This helps provide resilient performance for systems prone to RF noise, while significantly reducing the need for external discrete circuitry.
- Greater DC accuracy: Two times lower offset drift and typical input bias across a full temperature range, -40°C to 125°C, creates a more precise signal chain solution compared to other small devices.
Technical Specifications of the TLV9061 Miniature Op-Amp
- Rail-to-rail input and output
- Low input offset voltage: ±0.3 mV
- Unity-gain bandwidth: 10 MHz
- Low broadband noise: 10 nV/&sqrt;Hz
- Low input bias current: 0.5 pA
- Low quiescent current: 538 µA
- Unity-gain stable
- Internal RFI and EMI filter
- Operational at supply voltages as low as 1.8 V
- Extended temperature range: –40°C to 125°C
More information on the TLV9061 Miniature Op-Amp, can be found on the TI Web site
TI TLV9061 product page
The company's Web site address is www.ti.com
[Reprinted with kind permission from Texas Instruments - Release Date, 6th February, 2018]