New Multi-constellation GNSS Module With Accuracy to One Meter
ST's Teseo-LIV4F is ideal for positioning systems, vehicle tracking, emergency calls, fleet management and public transport
The STMicroelectronics Teseo-LIV4F GNSS module leverages ST’s Teseo IV single-die receiver technology, including L1 and L5 frequency-band support, to provide positioning accuracy better than one meter in embedded geolocation systems. With an ultra-compact form factor and low power consumption, Teseo-LIV4F also extends multi-constellation compatibility to include navigation with Indian constellation (NavIC or IRNSS, the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System).
The modules come with Teseo-LIV4FSW firmware, allowing users to leverage the Teseo Suite PC-based application for free firmware configuration and updating. The proven evaluation environment saves development time, while the small module size and low cost make the Teseo-LIV4F ideal for a wide variety of position, navigation, and timing (PNT) applications. These include insurance, goods tracking, tolling, anti-theft systems, people and pet location, vehicle tracking, emergency calls, fleet management, vehicle sharing, diagnostics and public transportation.
With an on-board temperature-compensated crystal oscillator (TCXO) and dedicated real-time clock (RTC) oscillator, the Teseo-LIV4F delivers superior accuracy and fast time to first fix (TTFF). It also provides real-time assisted GNSS that allows prediction of satellite data based on previous observations. Operating with 49mA GNSS L1 and L5 tracking current and 10µA standby current extends battery runtime in power-conscious applications. Tracking sensitivity of -162dBm helps maintain accuracy when signal strength is low.
The Teseo-LIV4F module is officially certified in accordance with CE, FCC, and ICES regulations, which simplifies the path to market for the final application. The operating temperature range from -40°C to 85°C permits use in harsh environments such as outdoors and in factories.
Features of the Teseo-LIV4F Dual-band GNSS Module include:
- Fast and accurate multizone distance ranging sensor with 90° wide FoV
- 60° x 60° square field of view (FoV) (90° diagonal)
- Multizone ranging output with either 4x4 or 8x8 separate zones
- Autonomous low-power mode with interrupt programmable threshold to wake up the host
- Up to 350 cm ranging
- Multitarget detection and distance measurement in each zone
- 60 Hz frame rate capability
- Histogram processing and algorithmic compensation minimizes or removes impact of cover glass crosstalk
- Motion indicator for each zone to show if targets have moved and how they have moved
- Fully integrated miniature module
- Emitter: 940 nm invisible light vertical cavity surface emitting laser (VCSEL) and integrated analog driver
- Diffractive optical elements (DOE) on both transmitter and receiver enabling square FoV
- Receiving array of single photon avalanche diodes (SPADs)
- Low-power microcontroller running firmware
- Size: 6.4 x 3.0 x 1.6 mm
- Easy integration
- Single reflowable component
- Flexible power supply options, single 3.3 V or 2.8 V operation or combination of either 3.3 V or 2.8 V AVDD with 1.8 V IOVDD
- Compatible with wide range of cover glass materials
- Pin-to-pin and driver compatible with VL53L5CX
More information on the Teseo-LIV4F Dual-band GNSS Module is available on the ST website at STMicroelectronics Teseo-LIV4F product page.
The STMicroelectronics website address is www.st.com
For the latest Semiconductor News and Product Releases from STMicroelectronics, visit their website at STMicroelectronics News.
[Reprinted with kind permission from STMicroelectronics - Release Date, 5th July, 2023]