Hello. Welcome to Futurlec.
The ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS Superstore.
To find the component your looking for, either search by Part Number or visit the relative department.
New Multi-Standard, Multi-Band MCU's with Thread, Zigbee, Bluetooth and Sub-1 GHZ Connectivity
New TI SimpleLink™ MCU's for connection to a wide range of network protocols
Texas Instruments has introduced its newest SimpleLink™ wireless and wired microcontrollers (MCUs).
These new devices offer industry-leading low power consumption and concurrent multi-standard and
multi-band connectivity for Thread, Zigbee®, Bluetooth® 5 and Sub-1 GHz.
With more memory and unlimited connectivity options, the expanded SimpleLink MCU platform
offers designers 100 percent code reuse across TI’s Arm® Cortex®-M4-based MCUs to enhance and
connect sensor networks to the cloud.
The SimpleLink MCU platform is a single development environment that delivers flexible hardware,
software and tool options for customers developing Internet of Things (IoT) applications.
With a single software architecture, modular development kits and
free software tools for every point in the design life cycle,
the SimpleLink MCU ecosystem allows 100 percent code reuse across the portfolio of microcontrollers,
which supports a wide range of connectivity standards and technologies including
Ethernet, USB, CAN, RS-485, Bluetooth low energy, Wi-Fi®, Sub-1 GHz, 6LoWPAN, Zigbee, Thread,
RF4CE and proprietary RF.
New SimpleLink MCUs support the following wireless connectivity options:
- Sub-1 GHz:CC1312R wireless MCU
- Multi-band(Sub-1 GHz, Bluetooth low energy, Thread and Zigbee): CC1352R and CC1352P wireless MCUs.
- Bluetooth low energy:CC2642R wireless MCU
- Multi-standard (Bluetooth low energy, Thread and Zigbee):CC2652R wireless MCU
- Host MCU with up to 2MB of memory:MSP432P4 MCUs
Key features of the SimpleLink MCUs
- The lowest power: The new wireless and host MCUs consistently achieve the lowest power in the industry,
more than 10 years on a coin-cell battery, and now offer a newly enhanced low-power sensor controller
with current consumption as low as 1.5µA for a 100 Hz comparator reading.
- More than 10 connectivity protocols: The expanded SimpleLink MCU platform supports a variety of
connectivity protocols and standards for 2.4 GHz and Sub-1 GHz bands, including the latest Thread and Zigbee standards,
Bluetooth low energy, IEEE 802.15.4g, Wireless M-Bus and more.
- Option for extended range: With the multi-band CC1352P wireless MCU,
developers can extend range even further for metering and building automation applications
using its integrated power amplifier with high output power of +20-dBm and
transmit current as low as 60 mA.
- 2 MB of flash memory: New SimpleLink MSP432P4 MCUs, with an integrated 16-bit precision ADC,
give developers eight times more code space and the ability to host multiple wireless connectivity stacks and
a 320-segment liquid crystal display (LCD) with extended temperature range for industrial applications.
- Enhanced security features: The CC13x2 and CC26x2 wireless MCUs offer new security hardware accelerators
for the following encryption protocols: AES-128/256, SHA2-512, Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC),
RSA-2048 and true random number generator (TRNG).
- Code compatibility: These new products are all supported by the SimpleLink software development kit (SDK) and
provide a unified framework for platform extension through 100 percent application code reuse.
The company's Web site address is www.ti.com
[Reprinted with kind permission from Texas Instruments - Release Date, 28th February, 2018]
SimpleLink and LaunchPad are trademarks of Texas Instruments.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.