Hello. Welcome to Futurlec.
The ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS Superstore.
To find the component your looking for, either search by Part Number or visit the relative department.
New Intelligent Power Modules for Electric Motors from STMicroelectronics
Ideal for use in Refrigerators and Washing Machines with Improved Efficiency and Lower Operating Costs
STMicroelectronics has expanded its Intelligent Power Module portfolio
with the introduction of the SLLIMM™ -nano 2nd series, adding higher power levels and
new package options that are especially suited to increasing the efficiency and reducing cost.
The new SLLIMM-nano devices suit compressors, pumps, and fans in domestic appliances such as refrigerators and
washing machines, and any low-power motors working up to 20 kHz in hard-switching circuits in an application power range up to 200W.
SLLIMM-nano devices integrate three half-bridge high-voltage gate drivers, six IGBTs, and
six fast and ultra-soft freewheeling recovery diodes, as well low-voltage input logic
that allow the devices to implement the complete interface between a low-power microcontroller and
a mains-powered three-phase electric motor. The design of the embedded IGBTs
(a planar technology for the 3A and a dedicated TFS (Trench-gate Field Stop) technology for the 5A version) and
the freewheeling diodes are tailored to offer the best trade-off between switching and
conduction losses for low-power BLDC (Brushless DC) motor applications,
resulting in high efficiency and low electromagnetic interference.
Key features of ST's SLLIMM-nano 2nd series include:
- 3A-5A current rating at 25°C, with 600V breakdown voltage;
- Lower VCE(sat) 1.65V even at 5A, due to the TFS technology;
- Low EMI
- Mounted slot package options allowing easier and lower-cost heatsink assembly;
- Integrated bootstrap diode for lower BOM and simplified PCB layout;
- 150°C maximum operating junction temperature;
- Integrated op amp and comparator that can be used for protection circuits;
- Separate open emitter outputs to simplify PCB routing for both single and three shunt solutions;
- NTC (Negative Temperature Coefficient) for temperature monitoring;
- Smart shutdown function;
- In-line and zig-zag lead options, with/without stand-off, for maximum layout flexibility;
- 1500 Vrms minimum isolation.
The company's Web site address is http://www.st.com/.
[Reprinted with kind permission from STMicroelectronics - Release Date 14th March, 2016]