Hello. Welcome to Futurlec.
The ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS Superstore.
To find the component your looking for, either search by Part Number or visit the relative department.
NXP Release New NTAG I²C plus NFC Cards for the Smart Home Market
New Cards Offer Four Times Higher Data Transfer Rates and Password Protection
Designed to be the perfect enabler for NFC in home-automation and consumer applications,
this feature-packed, next-generation connected NFC tag is the fastest,
most BOM optimized way to add “tap-and-connect” communications to any electronic device.
NXP's NTAG I²C plus is the latest development of NXP NFC tags that combines a passive NFC interface and
a contact I²C interfaces together with a non-volatile memory. On top of the well-known zero power capabilities
of this family, NTAG I²C plus offers new features like password protection, full memory access configuration from both interfaces and
an originality signature for protection against cloning. NTAG I²C plus is also further enhancing end user experience by
delivering four times higher data transfer performance. This second generation of NXP's industry leading connected tag technology
maintains full backward compatibility with first-generation NTAG I²C products and remains the ideal,
most cost effective choice to integrate NFC capabilities into any embedded system.
Additional NTAG I²C plus features include:
- Pass-through mode with 64-byte SRAM buffer
- FAST READ and FAST WRITE commands for higher data throughput
- Full, read-only, or no memory access from I²C interface and NFC interface, based on 32-bit password protection
- NFC Forum Type 2 Tag and NFC interface ISO/IEC 14443A Part 2&3 compliant
- Input capacitance of 50 pF
- Unique 7-byte serial number
- GET VERSION command for easy identification of chip type and supported features
- I²C interface with standard (100 kHz) and fast (400 kHz) modes
- 888/1912 bytes of EEPROM-based user memory
- Originality signature based on Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) for simple, genuine authentication
- Configurable field-detection output signal for data-transfer synchronization and device wake-up
- Energy harvesting from NFC field, so as to power external devices (e.g. connected microcontroller)
- Extended operating temperature range: -140 to +105°C
The company's Web site address is www.nxp.com
[Reprinted with kind permission from NXP - Release Date, 23rd February, 2016]