NXP Release Graphic Library for ARM Microcontrollers
Popular GUI from SEGGER provides advanced support for graphical LCD design
NXP have announced the emWin graphic library will be offered for free with NXP ARM® microcontrollers.
Developed by SEGGER, emWin provides a robust, efficient GUI for any application operating with a graphical LCD,
and features outstanding support for high-quality anti-aliased text and shapes.
Using emWin, basic UI design can be performed easily via a stand-alone tool which separates UI design from firmware development, speeding the design of LCD applications in consumer electronics, home appliances, medical devices and industrial equipment. Compatible with both single-task and multi-task environments, emWin is ideal for use with the LPC1788, the industry's first Cortex™-M3 microcontroller featuring an integrated high-performance LCD controller, as well as other NXP Cortex-M0, Cortex-M3, Cortex-M4, ARM7™ and ARM9™ MCUs. NXP and SEGGER are showcasing the emWin graphic library this week at ESC Boston, Sept. 26-29, 2011.
“No matter where you turn, both consumers and business users expect higher quality graphic displays than ever before - on mobile devices, in home appliances, and in industrial environments. We've addressed this by delivering the world's first Cortex-M3 MCU with an integrated high-performance LCD graphics controller, the LPC178x series, in addition to our other graphics microcontrollers. Now we're providing our customers free access to emWin - an elegant, robust graphic library and GUI which is a cut above comparable offerings on the market today, and will greatly simplify LCD design and accelerate time to market,” said Gene Carter, international product manager, microcontroller business line, NXP Semiconductors.
Features of the emWin Graphic Library include:
- Support for all types of LCDs, including monochrome, grayscale or active color (TFT) displays
- PC tool emWinView for a detailed, magnified view of all layers in the simulation
- Excellent support for high-quality anti-aliased text and shapes
- Easy to perform basic UI design in a stand-alone application, and separate UI design versus firmware development
- Runtime-configurable software, no compile-time switches
- Shipped as object code
- Support for any interface
- Flicker-free animation
- Configurable display sizes
- Ideal for use with the NXP LPC178x, as well as the LPC1800, LPC4300, LPC2400 and LPC3200 series MCUs
- GUIBuilder, Font Converter and Bitmap Converter tools
The emWin graphic library and GUI are available to current NXP microcontroller customers
for free via an installer.
The company's Web site address is www.nxp.com
[Reprinted with kind permission from NXP]