Hello. Welcome to Futurlec.
The ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS Superstore.
To find the component your looking for, either search by Part Number or visit the relative department.
Atmel's New QTouch Surface Platform for Capacitive Touch Sensing
New Ultra-Low Power Capacitive Sensing Solution with Supporting Software
Atmel has released the new QTouch Surface platform for capacitive touch-enabled user interfaces.
The new QTouch Surface platform builds on the market-proven QTouch capacitive touch button sensing technology
supported by Atmel SMART MCUs.
The new solution includes an on-chip peripheral touch controller (PTC),
the cornerstone technology that enables higher performance capacitive touch on Atmel MCUs.
Consuming less than 4µA, the QTouch Surface technology is perfect for wearables and
other battery-powered applications that require a capacitive touch user interface.
“User interfaces in consumer products such as wearable/IoT devices,
remote controls and PC/gaming controls are being driven by the
massive adoption of touchscreens in smart phones and tablets,” said Geir Kjosavik,
Director of QTouch Product Marketing, Atmel Corporation.
“Products in this new category require a surface solution with lower power consumption and
higher cost optimization that do not require the performance from higher-end touchscreen controllers.
The QTouch Surface platform is the ideal solution to support all these requirements.”
The QTouch Surface solution uses only a fraction of the resources in Atmel SMART MCUs and
can be implemented with virtually zero cost since one Atmel controller can be used for both the application and
capacitive touch user interface.
Key features of the QTouch Surface Platform include:
- World's lowest power capacitive touch surface control with a wake-up on a surface touch from a standby current down to 4µA
- Works with all Atmel SMART MCUs featuring the Peripheral Touch Control using less than 10% CPU processing power
- Supports multi touch on the following surface size ranges
- 2.7" with 2mm touch separation (edge to edge)
- 5.5" with 14mm touch separation (edge to edge)
- Scan rates up to 100Hz
Availability and Tools
To help accelerate a designer's development, the QTouch Surface Platform offers easy-to-use software and hardware tools.
- QTouch Surface Library and QTouch Composer support for QTouch Surface will be available free of charge
in the Atmel Gallery.
- Xplained Pro, Atmel's hardware development platform, will support the QTouch Surface Platform.
The company's Web site address is www.atmel.com
[Reprinted with kind permission from Atmel]