Hello. Welcome to Futurlec.
The ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS Superstore.
To find the component your looking for, either search by Part Number or visit the relative department.
IO Expander Mini Board
Our New I/O (Input/Output) Expander Board is now available. For those cases where you just don't have
enough I/O pins, this unit connects to a standard I²C bus and provides an additional 16 I/O points, that
can be configured as either input or output. This compact board is ideal for expanding your embedded
control system to add extra I/O or this board can be used with Arduino Boards to easily add extra I/O points.
The IO Expander Mini Board is based on the Microchip MCP23017 Expander Chip. This high-performance IC,
allows connection to a range of High-Speed I²C buses, including the standard 100kHz bus, as
well as the newer 400kHz and 1.7MHz bus standards. The IC also features a three-pin address input,
which can be used to identify and combine up to 8 boards on the same I²C bus. The address of each board
can easily be set with configurable headers included on the board. The IC also includes a number of configurable
Interrupt pins, that can be used to send a message to the microcontroller on a change of state of the I/O pins,
ideal for reducing the program overhead of continually checking the state of the I/O pins.
The IO Expander Mini Board is also fitted with standard size pull-up resistors for the I²C bus, these
can be connected onto or removed from the bus with header shorting connectors mounted on the board. The board
also includes standard male and female headers for easy connection to your existing board, as well as
standard shrouded male IDCC headers for external I/O connection.
The new IO Expander Mini Board is the perfect solution for adding additional I/O points to your control system
with a minimum or effort and expense. The board is easy to use and provides the benefit of allowing
additional boards to be added to the same I²C bus.
Part Code: IOEXPANDERBOARD
- Includes Microchip MCP23017 16-Bit I/O Expander Chip
- Board can be controlled with High-Speed I²C Connection
- Configurable Address Pins Allows up to 8 Boards on the Same Bus
- I²C Pull-Up Resistors on-board with Header Selectors
- Standard Male and Female Headers for Board Interfacing
- Suitable for Either 5V or 3.3V Systems
- Configurable Interrupts to Indicate Change in I/O State
- Standard Shrouded Male Headers for Port Connections
- Connects Directly to most Microcontrollers and Arduino Boards
- Board Dimensions: 45 x 55 mm